Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd, He provides everything for me. He gives me time to lay down and rest and takes me on a walk beside peaceful brooks. He makes me strong and gives me energy. He shows me what to do and where to go so that in the end I can praise Him. And even when I go through dark times I don't fear anything because He is right there with me. He protects me and I feel safe. In the middle of all the difficult things in my life He only gives me the best. He gives me love and lifts me up, giving me good things over and over again. His love and goodness is going to stay with me every day of my life until I die, and then I'm going to live in His house forever and ever.

Psalm 23, my paraphrase :)

Comments

Wanda said…
Hi Mike, I like your paraphrase.I wrote about a verse of Psalm 23 this morning.
Lynda Alsford said…
Beautiful. I love your version!
photowannabe said…
I really like your paraphrase. In fact I liked it so much I shared it on FB and of course,gave you credit.
I needed this word today. Thank you.
Anonymous said…
This is such a good Psalm to reflect upon and put into one's own words! I was reflecting on Psalm 23 last weekend, actually. I've never thought of the "valley of the shadow of death" as anything other than some external malevolent thing pressing in. But, I think the Good Shepherd comes also when we've gotten ourselves in a jam (as sheep will do). So, even though I walk through "jam of my own making" I will not fear because he walks with me and guides me to green, life-giving places.

Popular Posts