Thirsting For God?

IMG_6449
A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea... 
1 Kings 18:44

I have been reprimanded for not posting for 2 weeks so here I am to say I'm still alive! It has been a busy few weeks in many ways, but also I have not felt a compulsion to write... It has been great to meet up with a fellow blogger from Colorado over the last few days and it has reminded me however far away we may be from each other, or as yet even unknown to each other, we are family in Jesus. What a great time we will have in heaven meeting all those brothers and sisters that we didn't know we had!

Last night we attended the O2 Arena in London for an amazing Pentecost Celebration with 16,000 people praising God and lifting up the name of Jesus. We called on the Holy Spirit and the sense of His Presence was wonderful! The photo above was taken by Holy Trinity Brompton Church who were part of the event with Tim Hughes and Hillsong London and Joel Houston. Jesus House were also leading the worship and their pastor shared great message about the need to persevere in prayer.

God has been doing great things in my life recently and I am in a time of refreshing. I am experiencing a tremendous hunger for His Presence and everything in my life now seems to revolve around this. A few months ago, a friend gave me a gift of a painted stone with a waterfall and the words Thirsting for God? It was a good question and although I knew that I was thirsty I also knew that there was a deeper thirst that He wanted to give me. From that point the well seemed to start opening up and I am so thankful! This song below from Jesus Culture has meant so much to me over the last weeks as I see the cloud as small as a man's hand and experience that river that bubbles up from within. Have a blessed Spirit filled Pentecost. Let it rain!

Comments

What fun it must have been to visit with Suz! Wishing you a grand week! And I'm glad you have been prevailed upon to post again!! Cathy
ChrisJ said…
Was it Whit Sunday? We always used to go to Cliff (College) for Whit. I frequently remind myself of those wonderful days with Ernie Steele and others and remember the choruses and hymns we used to sing. Refreshing to my soul!!
Wanda said…
Hi Mike, wonderful to read of God's outpouring in your life. May every dry place be filled a fresh.
photowannabe said…
Jesus bubbling up like a river.
Oh, I like that!
May our River keep flowing.
Pietro Brosio said…
I'm very glad to read about God's real presence in your life!
Have a nice Tuesday
Anonymous said…
I love it! :)
Indeed, let it rain!
Barbara said…
Great fun meeting up with bloggers and from Suz's blog I know she enjoyed it too.

Popular Posts