Image by patrícia soransso via Flickr
'...Your word is settled in heaven.'
Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones writes: 'It is the spirit and the word, the spirit upon the word, and the spirit in us as we read the word.'
1. You say, 'It's impossible.' God says, '..."What is impossible with men is possible with God." ' (Luke 18:27 NIV).
2. You say, 'I'm exhausted.' He says, '"But those who wait on the Lord, Shall renew their strength..."' (Isaiah 40:31 NKJV).
3. You say, 'Nobody loves me.' He says, '..."I have loved you with an everlasting love"...' (Jeremiah 31:3 NIV).
4. You say, 'I can't go on.' He says, '..."My grace is sufficient for you"...' (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).
5. You say, 'I don't know what to do.' He says, '..."And He shall direct your paths."' (Proverbs 3:6 NKJV).
6. You say, 'I can't do it.' He says, '"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."' (Philippians 4:13 NKJV).
7. You say, 'It's not worth it.' He says, '...we will reap a harvest if we do not give up' (Galatians 6:9 NIV).
8. You say, 'I can't forgive myself.' He says, '...in Christ God forgave you' (Ephesians 4:32 NIV).
9. You say, 'I can't make ends meet.' He says, '...God shall supply all your need...' (Philippians 4:19 NKJV).
10. You say, 'I'm afraid.' He says, '...God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power...' (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV).
11. You say, 'I can't handle this.' He says, 'Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you...' (Psalm 55:22NIV).
12. You say, 'I'm not smart enough.' He says, '...if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it...' (James 1:5 NCV).
13. You say, 'I'm all alone.' He says, '...I will never leave you nor forsake you' (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV).
Billy Sunday said, 'I stand on God's Word, and if the book goes down, I'll go with it.' Today, let God's Word settle it!