June 2009 Retro

June brought Summer to London, so a visit to my friends posh flat replete with swimming pool. July will bring a pool party! S did some expert cooking (sauces to die for!)


Relaxed walks along the river at Richmond ending in civilised early grey and pastries :0 Me and my shadow go everywhere :)


Lunch with baby sister and a rather wonderful restaurant in Twickers. Lazy time spent with friends talking about what to do when the Summer comes!


St James Piccadilly and an amazing concert of Renaissance choral music and me and my recorder consort filling in. Byrd floats around the church and I'm in heaven. Thanks for coming :) Another walk to Richmond and a drink with a friend to discuss the future, heart to heart. At least at the moment there is peace, before more changes.


Time to get the garden straight. It's actually looking the best it has in the 18 years I've lived here.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Gudl said…
Your garden looks very nice! Your sister, too!!
Sounds like you had a good June.
We used to have a house with a pool the same size! I just remembered that when I saw the pool cover. Every night we would cover the pool and I would say "we need to cover up the pool-baby - good night'. ...
I loved swimming in it every day. Your friend's appartment complex is beautiful!
Gudl said…
PS Your friend looks nice, too ;-)
Britt-Arnhild said…
Lovely post Mike :-)
Wanda said…
Well I can tell you Mike, I just loved the tour. Your friend, I believe I visit his blog... and your sister, and the garden...Just everything was lovely...


Now I'll go fix a cup of tea.


LOL:Wanda
Pietro Brosio said…
Lovely post!
Very nice people and picturesque places!
Steve said…
Lovely photo. A garden I've seen many times!
SandyCarlson said…
Things sure are beautiful where you are, Mike. Or I should say your way of capturing the world around you is beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a nice summary of summer year-to-date!
photowannabe said…
Delightful summer and I like the collage of how you passed the days. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends and family.
Regina said…
Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing.

Happy summer. Nice days ahead too.
Regina

Popular Posts