Your Record Is Cancelled!

'...He forgave us all our sins, having cancelled the written code...
that was against us...he took it away, nailing it to the cross.'
Colossians 2:13-14

How would you like to have a list of all your sins and shortcomings made public? Not a pleasant thought, eh? Does such a list even exist? It does, and it's a lengthy one. It details all the bad decisions you've made, the hateful acts, the unforgiving attitudes, the prejudices, the greed, the lust, the lies; the Bible says God has recorded them all. But you've never seen the list, have you? No, and neither has anybody else. That's because He forgave all our sins and cancelled the record of the charges against us.


Knowing full well that the price for our sins was death, 'Christ died...once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God' (1 Peter 3:18 NIV). Christ both 'forgave' and 'cancelled the written code...that was against us...' Jesus set aside His divine robes and put on our sin-stained garments of shame: the shame of hanging naked before His friends and family; the shame of failure where it seemed for a while that satan was the winner and Jesus the loser; the shame of our transgressions as 'He...bore our sins in his body...so...we might...live for righteousness' (1 Peter 2:24 NIV).


Is there a limit to His love? If there is, David the adulterer never found it. Nor Paul the persecutor. Nor Peter the liar. Nor the thief on the cross. And you won't find it either. When Jesus cried from the cross, 'It is finished,' God wrote 'Paid for in full' over every sin you'd commit - from the womb to the tomb!


Used with permission from UCB Word for Today. Free issues are available here for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

Comments

Steve said…
Thanks for the message.....
Linda said…
What amazing grace!
Caprice- said…
I love how you put it so simply that there's no limit to Christ's love! I found your blog thru SkyWatch and I'm glad I did. I just started using my blog for His good and I pray that I reach just one. Glad I found someone doing the same. I have to say again I love your daffadils! We have a place here called Daffadil Hill: it's a 5-10 acre ranch in the mtns that is planted in all colors of Dafadils. Your photo reminded me that it's time to go to Dafadil Hill.
Caprice

Popular Posts