Why?


originally uploaded by Senioscopia!.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? Lord, do not be far from me. Wake up and rise to my defense,to my cause, my God and my LORD! Vindicate me, LORD, my God, in keeping with Your righteousness, and do not let them rejoice over me. Do not let them say in thei hearts, "Aha! Just what we wanted." Do not let them say, "We have swallowed him up!" Let those who want my vindication shout for joy and be glad; let them continually say, "The LORD be exalted, who wants His servant's well-being." And my tongue will proclaim Your righteousness, Your praise all day long.
Psalms 20:1, 35:22-25, 27-28


Comments

Andrea said…
I have heard this Bible story all my life and every time I read it tears come to my eyes. I just wish the world could open their eyes and see what Jesus did for us.
I received an email today with this song that goes along with your post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaSROohLzs
Gudl said…
I am forever grateful. ...
I agree with Andrea, I wish 'the world' would see and understand...
Thank you for your post.
Linda said…
Great post for today. The world needs Jesus.
monsoon dreams said…
thanks for the wonderful post.
TMM said…
I’m forgiven because You were forsaken.
I’m accepted. You were condemned.

I’m alive and well,
Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again.

Amazing love, how can it be
That you, my King would die for me?

Amazing love, I know it’s true:
It’s my joy to honor you.
In all I do I honor You.

You are my King.
You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King

=)
Wanda said…
sidharth song ~~~ yes those words mean everything to me. I stand amazed at such love! I bow in humility because it was for me!!

Thanks Mike.
Anonymous said…
Painful image, though I think that the nail would have been driven through the wrist.
Shocking barbaric way to die.

Who amongst us would be as willing to do this in obedience to God?
I'm far from certain that I would, much as I've lost count how many times I've sung the hymn'When I survey the wondrous cross', particularly the last verse.
Anonymous said…
Why, indeed? I have often wondered at this question. I think of Jesus understanding God's intentions fully -- and yet, he is fully human and this is not theoretical pain. He knows. He knows pain. Blessings for a joy-filled celebration of rising, saving one!
Marie said…
Wonderful post today... Thank you.
Lance said…
Great and wonderful post! The picture is awesome and fits so well with the Easter message.
Blessings,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com
AMEN & AMEN!!!

Godbless you Mike

Popular Posts